In keeping with regulatory requirements, TNPI is in regular contact with agencies that may be expected to respond to an incident. In addition, we provide information brochures and other materials about pipeline safety to those living and working near our pipelines.
We also conduct public awareness activities such as:
- Attending local Community Awareness and Emergency Response (CAER) presentations
- Participating in activities managed by the Ontario Joint Pipeline Group and Comité des pipelines in Quebec
- In person, email and telephone discussions with stakeholders
- Presentations to and meetings with school boards, conservation authorities, community and other groups
- Joint training opportunities with municipalities, emergency responders, regulators and other stakeholders
In addition to inviting emergency responders, emergency management and other municipal officials to participate in our training activities, we host information sessions with these individuals to review regional specific details of our operations and emergency response procedures. The presentation is offered to all communities along our pipelines at least once every three years and more frequently where needed.
To request a presentation in your community, please email [email protected] and we will do our best to accommodate your request.